A busy and successful year.
The verdict of Jacqui Rock on her first year as President of Bournemouth Chamber of Trade & Commerce (BCTC).
Speaking at the chamber’s annual meeting, Jacqui reeled off some of the highlights of the last 12 months including:
- Sourcing £50,000 in Additional Restrictions Grants (ARG3) allowing trading districts to start to be opened outside the BID area. BCTC worked with Kinson/Northbourne (BH10/11); Winton/Moordown (BH9), Boscombe East Pokesdown/Iford and Wallisdown. Not all are progressing as trading districts.
- Sourcing an additional £4,600 per area under ARG4 for events in Kinson/Northbourne, Winton and Moordown, Pokesdown/Boscombe East/Iford as well as £2,000 per area for Castle Lane West/Charminster/Holdenhurst Rd and Wallisdown.
- Plans to set up in-depth business training workshops for businesses in these areas.
- As a result of the new trading districts, 41 new members joined BCTC.
- Return of monthly networking BHBanter on the 1st Monday of each month at BCTC Patron Oceana Hotels.
- Partnering with the new Bournemouth Business Awards, launched earlier this year with the finals in May.
- Looking to forge closer collaboration with Christchurch Chamber of Trade & Commerce.
Jacqui was re-elected as President with Yvonne Devereux as Vice President.
Bill Perkins is Chair of Board/Honorary Treasurer while other Directors are Roger Smith (Past President), Matt Maclean and David King.
Taylorcocks are Honorary Accountants and Rawlins Davy, Honorary Solicitors.
Following the annual meeting, held at Bournemouth’s Cumberland Hotel, members enjoyed the President’s Dinner.