Southbourne on Sea Business Association
SOSBA are a local branch of Bournemouth Chamber of Trade and Commerce, run completely by volunteers working to bring the local business community together for mutual benefit.
The traders association is open to anyone who runs a business within the BH6 area irrespective of whether they have a shop front along the high street. There are many businesses tucked away in peoples homes or small units.
To find out more information visit their website http://www.southbourne-on-sea.co.uk/
Promoting Boscombe, Southbourne and Westbourne
As the consultations developed the importance of attracting local people, as well as visitors, to the coastal districts became very clear. The baseline budget for the BID anticipates spending £859,000 on raising the profile of the trading districts within the BID area over the next five years.
During its first year the BID will:
- Help you to develop your own local district brand identities
- Produce a new coastal districts leaflet to feature the different attractions of Westbourne, Southbourne and Boscombe as well as the East and West Cliff areas.
- Introduce new maps and signs in the coastal districts linking the sea front and retail areas, giving people a true feeling of being welcome.
- Provide funding for specific local marketing activity undertaken in conjunction with the trade associations in Southbourne, Westbourne and Boscombe, to attract more residents and visitors.
- Explore new transport led initiatives
- Work with businesses to increase the spend from visiting language students
As an integral part of the “Autumn Glow” 2012 campaign we will be promoting Boscombe, Westbourne and Southbourne not only to visitors, but also to local people as great places to visit, shop, eat and drink